If, after reviewing the Funding Guidelines, you believe that the Foundation’s areas of interest and its funding preferences are compatible with the needs of your organization, please submit a Letter of Inquiry (“LOI”) via the Foundation’s portal.
If you prefer to submit your application via email, you may send your LOI in the form of a PDF attachment to the attention of the Grants Administrator by email.
Your LOI should be dated and should include the following:
- Contact Information:
The name, title, telephone number, and email address for both the direct contact for this request and for the head of the organization.
- Narrative (1-3 pages max):
Please do not send full proposals at the LOI stage.
- Indicate organization name, as recognized by the IRS (name listed on the IRS letter of determination), and EIN
- Briefly state the mission and history of your organization
- List and briefly describe current programing and the number of individuals served by each program
- State the operating budget for the current fiscal year
- List the top five recent grants received from foundations and/or corporations within the last two fiscal years (include the name of the institution, grant amount, and fiscal year received)
- Provide a brief explanation of the need for support and the amount you intend to request. If the request involves renovations or alterations to property, please confirm whether the organization owns or leases its property (and if leased, what are the lease terms?)
- List secured, pledged, and pending funders and/or financing for the project, including any corresponding amounts and restrictions
- Please confirm whether or not permits are required before the project can proceed, and if they are required, when they may be secured
- Provide a projected timeline for the project
In addition to the Narrative, please attach a Project Budget.