If, after reviewing the Funding Guidelines, you have sufficient reason to believe that the Foundation’s interest areas and funding preferences are compatible with the need of your organization, submit a Letter of Inquiry (“LOI”) to the attention of the Grants Administrator. If you need further clarification or guidance, please email the Foundation. At this time, we are only accepting LOIs as PDFs attached to an email sent to [email protected].
Your LOI should be dated and include:
- Contact Information: The name, title, telephone number, and email address for both the direct contact for this request and the head of the organization.
- Narrative (1-3 pages max): Please do not send full proposals at the LOI stage.
- Indicate organization name, as recognized by the IRS (name listed on the IRS letter of determination), and EIN
- Briefly state the mission and history of your organization
- List and briefly describe current programing and the number of individuals served by each program
- State the operating budget for the current fiscal year
- List the top five recent grants received from foundations and/or corporations within the last two fiscal years (include the name of the institution, grant amount, and fiscal year received)
- Provide a brief explanation of the need for support and the amount you intend to request
- If the request involves renovations or alterations to property, please confirm whether the organization owns or leases its property. If leased, what are the terms?
- List secured, pledged, and pending funders and/or financing for the project, including any corresponding amounts and restrictions
- Please confirm whether or not permits are required before the project can proceed, and if they are required, when they may be secured
- Provide a projected timeline for the project
- Project Budget, exclusive of prospective funding, if applicable